[Python-Dev] Interop between datetime and mxDateTime

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:31:28 -0500

[Guido]
> (Hm, I just found that utctimetuple() returns the same as timetuple()
> when the tzinfo is None

Yes.  Also if d.tzinfo is not None but d.tzinfo.utcoffset(d) returns 0 or
None.

> -- that doesn't seem right.)

Because ...?  I'd rather get rid of utctimetuple(), supply a datetime.utc
tzinfo subclass out of the box, and change the spelling of

    d.utctimetuple()

    d.timetuple(tzinfo=utc)

Similarly for datetime.now() vs datetime.utcnow().  The proliferation of
ABCutcXYZ methods is confusing, especially since they return naive objects.

None of that helps make for a lowest common denonminator, though.