[Python-Dev] Misc. warnings

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:10:59 +0100

Tim Peters wrote:
>>I don't know. I cannot understand the purpose of _expectations.
>
> If a Python expert for platform sys.platform X would be at all surprised if
 > test T got skipped when running the tests on X, then T should not be
 > listed in _expectations[X]

You mean: If there is no way in the world that this test could ever be
skipped, on a computer running this system?

> else it should be, with disagreements favoring leaving
> it out (the disagreeing experts can add a comment to regrtest.py about why
> they disagree, or make regrtest smarter about recognizing when a test skip
> is expected).

I feel that reality will turn out differently: it is less work to add it
  to _expectations, so over the long run, anything that was ever skipped
on some installation will end up in _expectations.

Regards,
Martin