[Python-Dev] no expected test output for test_sort?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:21:17 -0500

> So should I go on with this? Do we want to change all tests before 2.3
> is finished, or start changing them after 2.3 is released
> (or something in between)?

I'd say something in between.  It's probably good if someone (not me)
reviews your patches.  It's never good to rush these things, and I've
said before that there's no reason to insist on all tests being PyUnit
tests.  (Definitely don't touch anything that's using doctest.)

In particular, I *don't* want you to literally translate existing
tests to PyUnit idiom.  Try to improve on the tests -- think about end
cases, etc.  There are coverage tools (ask Skip) -- when testing
Python modules, see if the test covers all code in the module!