[Python-Dev] CALL_ATTR, A Method Proposal

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:25:43 +0000

Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph@twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> I have an idea that may result in significant optimization of python.  However,
> I have an incomplete understanding of what's involved, and I haven't had enough
> time to puzzle out enough of Python's internals to write up a full PEP
> describing this.

Gotta run, but: interesting!

Would be more interesting if it was implemented :-) This is a
roundabout way of saying that I don't think implementation will be
entirely straightforward/there may be easier ways to speed up method
calls.

More later.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Strangely enough  I saw just such a beast at  the grocery store
  last night. Starbucks sells Javachip. (It's ice cream, but that