[Python-Dev] Changing SF tracker email preferences

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:38:49 -0500

> > The SF tracker admin has an option to allow this: all I have to do is
> > uncheck the box that says "Send email on all changes".  I would really
> > like to do this.
> >
> > Would anybody who is currently receiving bugs or patches traffic be
> > bothered if I made this change?
>
> I find it sometimes interesting to receive these mails and read the
> comments which are posted, I cannot decide from the item description
> if I'm interested in this item or not.

Hm...  If you're the only one I'm inclined to overrule you. :-)

> (You could also route the mails them into the trashcan, and read them with a
> newsreader at news.gmane.org:gmane.comp.python.bugs or patches.)

No, that won't work: unless I uncheck that box, the traffic will
contain all posts, but I really want to see only posts announcing new
issues.