[Python-Dev] Extended Function syntax (PEP time)

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:44:49 -0000

From: M.-A. Lemburg [mailto:mal@lemburg.com]
> Given the length of this thread, could someone please distill
> this into one or more PEPs ?!

I'm willing to make a stab at a PEP on the "with" syntax. I can't
offer any implementation effort, sorry. I'll hash something up
over the next few days.

I'd suggest someone write a PEP on the def ... [expr] syntax, too.
I don't want to end up juggling 2 PEPs, so I'd rather someone else
did this.

I can't see enough clarity in the various versions of the thunk
proposals to make a decent PEP yet. But I'd love someone to prove
me wrong :-) [AFAICT, the thunk discussions are still in flux in
both syntax and semantics, to there's little definite to write
down].

I don't think there are any other concrete offerings on the table.

Paul.