[Python-Dev] Pie-thon benchmark code ready

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Dec 31 13:27:51 EST 2003

> >   ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/parrotbench/parrotbench.tgz
>
> Woohoo! The announcement's forwarded on to p6i for the denizens there
> to grovel over. I fully expect many hours of pain and misery ahead to
> make this work. :)

Enjoy. :-)  Is there a online archive where I can watch the fun
without signing up?

BTW I forgot to mention that parts of the test are self-checking, but
other parts require comparing of the output.  The file 'out' is all
you should care about.  And if you want the bytecode, try this in a
Unix shell:

  $ python2.3 -O
  [GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)] on linux2
  >>> import b
  >>> ^D
  $

You should now have optimized bytecode in the 8 files b*.pyo.