[Python-Dev] OpenBSD anyone?

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Wed Dec 24 12:37:06 EST 2003

At 23-12-2003 16:20, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Wow.  Thanks for the analysis.  But this is clearly a compiler bug.
>Where do we report that?  And why would it be unique to OpenBSD?

Because the OpenBSD folks have their own code generator to improve the
security of OpenBSD. They code gen to make it impossible/improbable
to use a stack overflow attack. I found they fix the compiler quickly
once you tell then on the OpenBSD dev list whats wrong with a recipe to
reproduce.

You may find that they will not fix for 3.3 as 3.4 is out and the
tool chain moved from a.out to ELF in 3.4.

Barry