[Python-Dev] FW: METH_COEXIST

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Dec 12 11:22:54 EST 2003

"Raymond Hettinger" <python at rcn.com> writes:

> Guido is basically okay with the idea but thought I should check here
> first to see if anyone has any profound thoughts about unexpected
> implications or perhaps a better way.

Not really, this sounds pretty reasonable.  Two thoughts:

1) Man, I hate C.  Not news :-)

2) /Might/ it be possible to do this automatically for a few slots?
   (i.e. are there any slots that have parameter lists that let the
   the tp_foo implementation function just be wrapped up in a METH_O
   or METH_NOARGS PyCFunction?).  Bit of a hack, mind.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Gullible editorial staff continues to post links to any and all
  articles that vaguely criticize Linux in any way.