[Python-Dev] Conventions for functional tests, PyUnit?

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Dec 10 12:14:39 EST 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Walter D=F6rwald wrote:
[...]
> > One problem, though: doesn't putting functional tests in Lib/test throw
> > off Walter Dorwald's unit test coverage numbers?  Perhaps there should =
be
> > a 'functional' resource for test_support.use_resources (so the tests ca=
> > be run with -uall, -functional for coverage measurements)?
>
> What exactly do you mean with 'functional' tests? We certainly don't
> need non-functional tests! ;) And why would additional test scripts
> throw off the coverage numbers?

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?FunctionalTest

I had assumed you were measuring unit test coverage, but maybe there are
lots of functional tests in Lib/test too.

BTW, I had a look at your coverage page, and it looked as if it would be
useful and interesting, if I understood what all those little graphs &c.
were. :-/

John