[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/PCbuild make_versioninfo.dsp, 1.1.2.1, 1.1.2.2

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 11:17:00 EST 2003

>> Sigh.  dsp files must be marked as binary files for cvs, otherwise
>> MSVC isn't able to read them.  Thanks to David Rushby.

[Sjoerd Mullender, on Windows .dsp files]
> Actually, this is not entirely true.
> They must be marked with -ko, i.e. CVS keywords must not be expanded.
> But it is ok if they are treated as text files.

We used to, and that doesn't work -- someone ends up editing a .dsp file on
Linux then, or builds a distro from Linux, and the \r\n line ends get lost.
MSVC indeed does not tolerate a .dsp file with plain \n line ends.  Since
the exact line end characters used are crucial, it really is a binary file.