[Python-Dev] pprint and list/tuple/dict subclasses

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Dec 2 13:45:41 EST 2003

Walter Dörwald writes:
 > Currently pprint refuses to prettyprint subclasses of list,
 > tuple and dict. Does it make sense to change that for 2.4?
 >
 > Of course once __repr__() is overwritten by a subclass,
 > pprint has to use that instead of its own formatting.

There's a patch for this that's on my list of things to look at I
think.  The discussion associated with the patch had the right idea,
but I've not had time to review the patch (which I think is
embarrassingly short); if you'd like to do so, be my guest!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation