[Python-Dev] Re: pirate (python+parrot)

Dan Sugalski dan at sidhe.org
Mon Aug 4 15:07:28 EDT 2003

At 1:21 PM -0400 8/4/03, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>[Andrew and Michal mused on compiling Python to Parrot assembler.]
>
>I'm not sure if you guys are nuts or brilliant. :-)
>
>If your efforts save Dan Sugalski time in implementing Python on Parrot,
>realize that it may cost me a round of drinks and a laundry run (if
>Dan has a good aim).

Nah, this isn't something to worry about, since I can't use it by the
terms of the challenge--I have to use the bytecode, not the source.
(Besides, if you really want to avoid the laundry charges, make sure
someone who's a better target's standing closer :)

>OTOH there may be a devilish plan here to let Dan believe he won't
>have to work very hard, and then in the end he'll lose because your
>implementations are inefficcient... :-)

It's not like you have to worry anyway, right? It's all religion,
smoke, mirrors, and wishful thinking... :-P
--
                                         Dan