[Python-Dev] LynxOS4 port: need pre-ncurses curses!

Duane Voth duanev@io.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:44:05 -0500

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:00:27PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> You should be able to get that out of CVS.  The oldest version
> is labeled 2.1, but the CVS version numbers don't match author's
> versions.

After taking a closer look, not even _cursesmodule.c 2.1 is going to
help me.  The copyright in the /usr/include/curses.h on this box is:

/*
 * Copyright (c) 1980 Regents of the University of California.
 * All rights reserved.  The Berkeley software License Agreement
 * specifies the terms and conditions for redistribution.
 *
 *      @(#)curses.h    5.1 (Berkeley) 6/7/85
 */

There is no support for either attributes or colors!  Taking the
current source and cutting out everything unsupported will at least
keep the python-curses API intact.  That's probably my best route.

--
Duane Voth
duanev@io.com