[Python-Dev] Democracy

Jonne Itkonen ji@mit.jyu.fi
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:12:05 +0300 (EETDST)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Jack Diederich wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:31:53PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > I read this interview in ACM's *Ubiquity* which reminded me of the
> > Python developer community.  Seems we are doing some things right.
> > Maybe we can learn from it in cases where we aren't.
>
> He seems to be talking more about Governments (and treating companies as
> governments b/c the people can't or don't want to leave) and knowledge
> workers broadly.
> The building houses vs building code analogy is not perfect.
> In closing, if there is something to be learned by looking at others,

There always is...

The article at Ubiquity, Jack's writings, and the appearance of ancient
Greeks every here and there... I'd like to point you to

  http://www.dreamsongs.org/MobSoftware.html

Is the resemblance in my eyes, or do we get a glimpse of a shift of
paradigm approaching?

  Jonne