[Python-Dev] range() as iterator (Re: More int/long integration issues)

Chad Netzer cnetzer@mail.arc.nasa.gov
12 Apr 2003 12:37:09 -0700

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 06:25, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> [MAL]
> > Is this change really necessary ? Instead of changing the semantics
> > of range() why not have the byte code compiler optimize it's typical
> > usage:

> Right.  That's nice, and can be done before 3.0 (as soon as we change
> the rules so that adding a 'range' attribute to a module object is
> illegal).

Well, I plan to look into doing this, just because I think it is an
interesting problem and tickles my fancy.  I'll report back when I have
failed.  But at least I'll try to get the ball rolling. :)

Chad Netzer