[Python-Dev] OT: Signal/noise ratio

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:47:10 -0400

Isn't it easier to just ignore the occasional off-topic post rather
than trying to invent elaborate technological solutions to deal with
what is essentially a social problem?  I don't think there's much of a
misunderstanding in the world about what python-dev is; it's probably
more that some people want to get answers from the "smart crowd",
which is known to hang out here.  If we simply ignore inappropriate
posts, or send polite redirections, we're doing the best we can.

I'm for avoiding how-to discussions here.  I'm against trying to keep
people out of this list for any other reason than insistent
obnoxiousness.  Python-dev needs to be open.