[Python-Dev] Unicode

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
10 Apr 2003 07:37:39 +0200

Huey Jiang <huey_jiang@yahoo.com> writes:

> I wonder how can I get python to support Chinese
> language? I noticed python has Unicode feature in
> version 2.2.2, but as I tried:

> I encountered UnicodeError. How can I make this to
> work?

Hi Huey,

This is a mailing list for the development *of* Python; questions for
the development *with* Python, or for asking for help.

In the specific example, you should do some more research on your
own. For example, does it matter whether you use IDLE or the command
line Python? Does it matter whether you use Unix or Windows? Does it
matter whether you put the string into a source file or enter them in
interactive mode?

[quick answer: all these things matter; in the cases where it doesn't
work as you expect, causes vary widely]

Regards,
Martin