[Python-Dev] Tests failing in MacPython 2.2.2

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
10 Oct 2002 09:57:46 +0100

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

>     >> "JJ" == Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> writes:
>     >> JJ> Aside from the usual suspects I have three tests failing in
>     >> JJ> MacPython 2.2.2: test_atexit, test_email and test_httplib.
>     >> Oops, looks like I'm also getting a segfault in test_re.
>
>     MH> This is normal; run "ulimit -s 2048" before running the test
>     MH> suite.
>
> Thanks, that works.  Would it make sense to add this to the test suite
> some how, either by adding a ulimit call to the makefile, or adding
> some resource.setrlimit() call to site.py or test_{,s}re.py?

There's a patch of sf to do this.  It's probably a good idea (I forget
to do this fairly often).  Or maybe it could be in
Modules/main.c:main()...

Cheers,
M.

--
39. Re graphics:  A picture is worth 10K words - but only those
    to describe the picture.  Hardly any sets of 10K words can be