[Python-Dev] Non-ASCII characters in test_pep277.py in 2.3

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
07 Oct 2002 15:25:01 +0100

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> Was that XEmacs built with MULE, and does that matter?  (I'm
> struggling with utf-8 issues on the mailman-i18n lists, trying to
> decode and display an RFC 2047 header encoded with utf-8.  Doesn't
> seem possible).  I just visited the file in my MULE XEmacs 21.4.9 and
> it doesn't seem to grok the utf-8 encoding either.

GNU Emacs 21 handles it fine (once you find a font that has all the
characters).  But since the coding: header idea was filched from a GNU
Emacs manual, I guess that's hardly surprising...

Cheers,
M.

--
 "Well, the old ones go Mmmmmbbbbzzzzttteeeeeep as they start up and
  the new ones go whupwhupwhupwhooopwhooooopwhooooooommmmmmmmmm."