[Python-Dev] Re: PEP239 (Rational Numbers) Reference Implementation and new issues

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:02:23 -0500

    Greg> Raymond Hettinger <python@rcn.com>:
    >> For that, I propose maxdenom=None to let the rationals grow without
    >> bound.

    Greg> A global setting for this would have all the same problems we've
    Greg> just gone over in relation to the "fuzz" setting.

If it was a builtin, different modules could simply set their own value at
global or local levels to override the default for the arithmetic they do.
Would that make numerical stability problems nearly impossible to debug?

Skip