[Python-Dev] Removing support for little used platforms

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:10:28 +0100

> Are any of those platforms listed here?

No (unless some of these platforms rely on the unsupported
Posix threads drafts, which I doubt).

> Maybe a note on the website should be made, asking for volunteers to
> maintain specific platforms?

I'd really suggest to follow the strategy of PEP 11 here: Trying to
build
Python on one of these systems produces a build error, which can be
easily removed by uncommenting it. People can then decide to not build
Python, or offer to volunteer as maintainers for the platform.

If nobody volunteers, the code will be removed in Python 2.4.

I believe this is more effective than posting a note on the website.

Regards,
Martin