[Python-Dev] Half-baked proposal: * (and **?) in assignments

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:18:55 -0800 (PST)

[Brian Quinlan]

> > That the field is called mday and not just day is
> > surprising; if the reader is surprised enough, he will look up the
> > documentation, and the rationale will become clear immediately.
>
> The meaning of the fields is documented in the development documentation
> but not in the current release documentation. I'm not sure why...

The reason is that it was not meant to be exposed initially.  But enough
modules in the stdlib use it that it was felt documenting it was worth it.
The documentation was written and added very recently (I think this
month).

-Brett