[Python-Dev] Becoming a python contributor

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
04 Nov 2002 14:29:48 +0100

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> writes:

> What I intended to say was almost the opposite of how it came out
> (apparently). Because certain areas are deemed the responsibility of
> certain people the other developers tend to use their SEP field on
> them.

It's a different aspect of the same problem :-) If you think you have
patches or bug reports assigned that you cannot process (either
because of lack of knowledge, or lack of time), I think you should
unassign them from yourself. This gives people looking at these
things, and the submitter, a much better picture of the likelyness of
an upcoming solution.

Regards,
Martin