[Python-Dev] New bugtracker project

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:25:46 -0400

On Tue, May 21, 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> The point of this message is to start gathering requirements.  Gordon
> will gather requirements, and has asked me to send out this email to
> announce the project to the Python developer community.

I've got two requirements that are basically identical (assuming the
system is properly coded):

* The system should work with Lynx and other non-standard browsers (this
is my biggest problem with SF)

* The system should be remotely scriptable from Python (that is, I
should be able to have a Python script that automatically creates a bug
report and uploads the files for me)

It's not a requirement, but I strongly suggest that all linkages be
capable of many-to-many relationships.  (This comes from a bad
experience with a tech support package that only permitted one bug
report to be associated with a tech support incident.)
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help."  --Ira Winkler