[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 patch cut-off date

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 09 May 2002 15:10:34 -0400

[Jason Tishler]
> Can I play with my daughter now or should I submit a patch?

[Fredrik Lundh]
> the answer to that should always be "if she wants to
> play, go play with her"

Fiddlesticks.  If she *really* wants to play, she can damn well write a
Playtime Enhancement Proposal first, get community input, summarize the
arguments pro and con, present them to Guido, and then he'll decide whether
playtime is appropriate, and if so when.  Be sure she includes full
documentation for the intended modes of play, a test suite verifying
compliance to the Playtime Plan, and-- if at all possible --checking for
potentially unfortunate interactions with cyclic gc and the trashcan
mechanism.

deeply-nested-tuples-are-playtime-for-all-ly y'rs  - tim