[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 patch cut-off date

Wed, 8 May 2002 10:19:20 -0400

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 10:06:27AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
>What is the last date that patches will be accepted for 2.3?  Is the
>answer to the previous question dependent of the nature of the patch?

The answer to your second question is "yes".  Channelling the
Pythoneers: bugfixes, especially small ones, can go in at any time,
but the sooner the better so they get more testing.  Build problems
can be complicated, so I'd suggest getting your Cygwin patches in as
soon as possible, but if the patches are small and "obviously correct"
or only affect Cygwin builds, there shouldn't be much controversy over
them.

The real deadline applies to PEPs.  I'd expect that no significant new
features would be added after 2.3b1, so a PEP written after that date
would have to be deferred until Python 2.4.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
  "It doesn't work."
  "<dryly> You astound me."
    -- The Doctor and the Brigadier, in "The Time Monster"