[Python-Dev] Discussion on the Python RPMs...

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:37:14 -0700

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 07:19:36PM +0100, Juergen Hermann wrote:
>>I'd say that the packages themselves make it easy to switch back and forth
>>between versions.  "rpm -e package; rpm -i /tmp/package-previous.rpm"...
>
>Not when you have dependencies, and when you want to run versions in
>parallel.

"--nodeps" if you have dependencies...

As far as running two versions as the same time, I don't see how the
sym-link helps...  If both versions are looking for /usr/lib/python2.2, one
of them is gong to be suprised at what it finds there.

Sean
--
 Let us live!!!  Let us love!!!  Let us share the deepest secrets
 of our souls!!!       You first.