[Python-Dev] Weekly Python Bug/Patch Summary

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:02:37 -0500

> I have no access to the httpd.conf file on python.org, so if a
> redirector gets set up it won't be done by me.  If you want to set
> up a redirector on python.sf.net, that's fine.  (Wherever it lives,
> I think the redirectors for PEPs, bugs, and patches should all be in
> the same place.)

If you want it on python.org, I'm sure Barry Warsaw
<webmaster@python.org> will happily set it up for you.

(The PEP redirector is a bit different because it doesn't redirect
just numbers -- it redirects URLs of the form
python.org/peps/pep-0000.html to the corresponding python.sf.net URL.)

Personally, I fail to see why we would have *anything* on
python.sf.net rather than on www.python.org.  In fact, I'd think that
at some point in the future, these two hosts should probably be
serve the same set of pages.  Therefore, please make sure not to use
directory names on python.sf.net that already have a meaning on
python.org.  (I believe currently there are no overlaps.)