[Python-Dev] Weekly Python Bug/Patch Summary

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:42:34 -0600

    Jeremy> Are you scraping the full SF bug report or just the summary
    Jeremy> page?  Perhaps we should make a more concerted effort to share
    Jeremy> our scraping code.  It's likely that we didn't make the same
    Jeremy> mistakes, so we'll either be able to cut the bugs in half by
    Jeremy> looking for divergences or double the number of bugs by taking
    Jeremy> the worst from each.

I just scrape the summary page for the time being.  I have a separate script
that allows me add more tag info to my local database (but no way to display
that stuff yet).  For that I do grab the detail page.

Are you parsing the HTML or tearing it apart with regular expressions?  I
make a couple simple transformations on the HTML before trying to match that
make the regular expressions a hell of a lot easier to write.

I'll shoot you a copy in private mail.  I doubt most of the python-dev
readership is interested in this to any great degree.

Skip