[Python-Dev] PEP 2: Procedure for Adding New Modules

akuchlin@mems-exchange.org akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:38:20 -0500

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 01:06:25AM -0500, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>It definately can be, but that may be an action that's grouped with
>other membership-change messages (which doesn't really "feel right" to
>me, since it's more like an error than normal operation).

No, it's not like that.  Disabling or removing accounts is
configurable separately from other membership changes.  For example, I
run the mems-talk list that way, so it sends me a note when accounts
get removed but I hear nothing about voluntary unsubscribes.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
Life's better without braces.
    -- Unofficial motto of IPC8, coined by Bruce Eckel