[Python-Dev] For review: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 00:32:08 -0500

[Barry]
> In any event, I'm sure Guido's heard all the arguments by now and has
> made up his mind about this particular issue.

I expect you got the order backwards there <wink>, but this one isn't worth
killing or dying for either way.

> For my money, True and False are just fine since they're singled
> objects sitting in builtins just like None and Ellipsis.

Last I looked, everything in __builtin__ was an object ... None and Ellipsis
are the only objects of their respective types, and maybe that's what
"singled" means?  If so, the same isn't true of True and False, unless they
each get their own type too.  Trying to come up with a "compelling"
justification for the capitalization-- and either way --is doomed to sound
silly to a critical ear.