[Python-Dev] For review: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

David Abrahams David Abrahams" <david.abrahams@rcn.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:37:04 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Peters" <tim.one@comcast.net>
To: "Samuele Pedroni" <pedroni@inf.ethz.ch>
Cc: <python-dev@python.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 2:20 AM
Subject: RE: [Python-Dev] For review: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

> [Samuele Pedroni]
> >> And will improve doc tests doc readability <wink>.
>
> [Samuele Pedroni]
> > Oops that should have been
> >
> >> And will improve doctest test docstrings readability <wink>.
> >
> > or doc tests readability <wink>.
>
> I don't think David uses doctest in that way -- to my surprise, *most*
> doctest users don't seem to write documentation at all <wink>.

s/docteset users/programmers/ ?

I actually do write lots of documentation, and often use small
doctest-compatible illustrations, but the problem with that is usually
that a really comprehensive test is too big to make a readable comment.
These days I don't get to write too much actual Python, so mostly I use
doctest to exercise and verify extension modules built with
Boost.Python.

-Dave