[Python-Dev] Re: Python version of PySlice_GetIndicesEx

Oren Tirosh oren-py-d@hishome.net
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:23:26 +0300

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 02:38:31PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Have you got a real use case?  I'm a bit weary of hypothetical use
> cases (that's what got us xrange repetition in the first place).

Umm.. implementing slicable user types?  I've written some indexable
objects with a __getitem__ magic method. Making them fully slicable with
extended slicing format almost for free would have been really nice.

Yes, you're right. It's just a nice-to-have. I don't care about it that
much.

	Oren