[Python-Dev] updated patches for OS/2 EMX port

Andrew MacIntyre andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:13:52 +1100 (EDT)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> > > I'd suggest a different approach here, which does not use #ifdefs:
> > > Instead of testing for the system, test for the bug. Then, if the bug
> > > goes away, or appears on other systems as well, the code will be good.
> >
> > I did it the way I did because there's already code dealing with other
> > brokeness in this area which doesn't solve the EMX issue, and the #ifdef
> > solution minimises the risk of EMX fixes breaking something else which I
> > can't test.  At this stage I can't see this bug being fixed in EMX :-(
>
> I'd go with Martin's suggestion here: there already is code in
> formatint() which tests for '%#X' adding '0x' or not. This code
> should be made to handle the special case by testing for it --
> who knows: there may be other platforms where this doesn't work
> as expected either.

There are sure to be other platforms that have this bogosity.  I'll look
into this some more.

> BTW, could you point me to your patch for this ?

The Objects patch in patch #450267, at
http://sf.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=450267&group_id=5470

E-mail: andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616