[Python-Dev] Extending types in C - help needed

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:28:23 +0100

> Martin, hats off!
>
> This does exactly what I want, and it does so in a pretty
> generalized way. Actually in _such_ a generalized way that I
> think this should be documented loud and clear.

Thanks!

> Looking at it a bit more, how about storing each function
> pointer in a separate PyCObject, and adding general APIs
> somewhere in the core
> void PyType_SetAnnotation(PyTypeObject *tp, char *name, char
> *descr, void *);
> void *PyType_GetAnnotation(PyTypeObject *tp, char *name, char *descr);

I'll happily add that to some recipe collection. However, before
generalizing it, I'd like to see more use cases. There should,
atleast, be a *second* application beyond calldll (or, perhaps even
beyond MacPython). Generalizing from a single use case is not good.

Regards,
Martin