[Python-Dev] release for 2.1.2, plus 2.2.1...

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:04:29 +0100

> It changes the structure of the distribution, though:  2.1 Windows Python
> shipped with xmlparse.dll and xmltok.dll, 2.2 with neither of those but with
> a single expat.dll instead.  Regardless of whether "it works" for Python, I
> don't think a bugfix release is the time to change the *set* of DLLs we
> ship.

Right, I agree on all accounts. Do whatever is most convenient for you.

On that topic, is there anybody else in this list who has the
necessary software to build a Python Windows release? I feel quite
uncomfortable thinking that, if your PC crashes, Windows people would
be without Python (actually, *that* uncomfortable is that thought not
:-)

This would probably the time to step forward offering to build the
official 2.1.2 binary distribution.

Regards,
Martin