[Python-Dev] Zipping Zope3

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:50:02 +0100

On woensdag, dec 18, 2002, at 16:55 Europe/Amsterdam, Just van Rossum
wrote:
> The new import hooks are not easily integrated in the existing
> imp.find_module() and imp.load_module() calls. It's questionable
> whether
> it's possible at all without breaking code; it is better to simply add
> new function to the imp module. The meaning of the existing
> imp.find_module() and imp.load_module() calls changes from: "they
> expose
> the builtin import mechanism" to "they expose the basic *unhooked*
> builtin import mechanism". They simply won't invoke any import hooks. A
> new imp module function is proposed under the name "find_module2", with
> is used like the following pattern:
>
>     loader = imp.find_module2(fullname, path)
>     if loader is not None:
>         loader.load_module(fullname)

If we want to use this for freeze-like functionality then the loader
will also need a method (or methods) that at the very least return (for
modules for which it makes sense) either the source code for the module
or a file-like object that can be used to read the source code.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -