[Python-Dev] known obvious thing or bug (rexec)?

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:19:36 -0200

> Hm...  Do you see any way to break out of restricted execution mode
> using this?  I suppose a fix would be simple enough, but I'm more and
> more inclined to simply rip out rexec from the distribution -- it's
> never going to be safe, and I doubt it's very useful as long as it's
> not safe.

Do you mean the rexec.py module, or all the restricted features?

I would like to see the whole scheme working someday. I'm not sure how
safe it will ever be, but the problems I've seen so far are due to some
language change introduced. I belive that once the language features are
mature, these problems will be reduced.

As a side note, I'll have a look at that bug, if nobody has done so yet.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]