[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Include compile.h,2.38,2.39 parsetok.h,2.19,2.20 pyerrors.h,2.63,2.64 pythonrun.h,2.55,2.56 symtable.h,2.10,2.11

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
11 Dec 2002 18:17:01 +0100

"Tim Peters" <tim@zope.com> writes:

> Sometimes this is called "const poisoning", at least by objective
> observers <wink>.

For the specific change, I found quite a lot of const poisoning: in
the original bug report, the submitter only requested a single change
(for RunString). Changing the entire class of functions, and figuring
out the closure of needed changes, was my day's ratio of poison that I
can stand without becoming more insane :-)

I had to cut it short at two places: PyFile_FromFile got not changed,
and neither did the tok_state members.

Regards,
Martin