[Python-Dev] Summary for 2002-11-16 through 2002-11-30

Raymond Hettinger python@rcn.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 00:32:03 -0500

> > Does anyone object if I just leave it as-is unless it is a major error
> > that changes the meaning of the summary?

Ideally, it would be best to fix *anything* that is incorrect.

<snip>
> > So, keep the errors in the archive or change them?

As a recorder of history, accuracy takes precedence.
In the archive, keep the original, add a bracketed section
entitled Subsequent Corrections or some such, and make
it right.

In the next summary, add an errata section, and post the
correction.

Errata and amendments are like bugfixes, everyone admires
the effort and knows they are better off with honest attempts
at accuracy than they are with someone asserting that they
always had it right to begin with.  It's just good journalism

Thanks again for your efforts to keep the community informed.

Raymond