[Python-Dev] Re: Automatic flex interface for Python?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:34:49 +0200

> I'm mildly curious why mxTextTools proponents=20

eh?  why did my mailer send that mail?  what I was trying to say
is that I'm mildly curious why people tend to treat mxTextTools like
some kind of silver bullet, without actually comparing it to a well-
written regular expression.

I've heard from people who've spent days rewriting their application,
only to find that the resulting program was slower.

(as Guido noted, for problems like this, the overhead isn't so much
in the engine itself, as in the effort needed to create Python data
structures...)

</F>