[Python-Dev] Python build trouble with the new gcc/binutils

Andrew Koenig ark@research.att.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:15:36 -0400 (EDT)

Zack> This will obviously not get you an installable build, but it
Zack> will let us narrow down the problem a bit.

I've narrowed it down somewhat.

Apparently what happens is that setup.py successfully installs the
"struct" extension (or so it thinks), then crashes when it is trying
to import it.  After it has done so, I can duplicate the crash by
executing ./python and then typing

	  import struct

so I don't have to run setup.py at all to cause the crash at that
point.

I'm trying to rebuild without dynamic loading now, to see what happens.