[Python-Dev] gmane.org

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 02:50:51 -0400

I don't know how many of you are hip to this yet, but in case you
occasionally feel overwhelmed by traffic on the various python lists,
or if you just prefer a news interface over your mail reader, or if
you occasionally want to drop in on a thread for a list you don't
normally follow, you should check out gmane.org.  This domain is run
by Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen, the guy who wrote the GNUS mail and news
reader for Emacs.  It's basically a non-expiring mail/news gateway for
mailing lists.

Among the tons of lists it carries, it's got all the Python lists I've
heard of and many I haven't, although it takes a little figuring out
the mapping (e.g. python-list <-> gmane.comp.python.general).  There's
a web page that can help you find the list you're interested in.

Check out www.gmane.org for details.

-Barry