[snake-farm] RE: [Python-Dev] strange warnings from tempfile.mkstemped.__del__ on HP

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:11:16 -0400

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Kalle:
>> [Kalle, on the HP-UX snake farm build]
>>>
>>> AssertionError: _mkstemp_inner raised exceptions.OSError: [Errno 24]
>>> Too many open files: '/tmp/aaU3irrA'
>>>
>>> Hmm, I wonder how many that is, and how to change it.  I'll look
>>> around.
>>
>> I've raised maxfiles from 200 to 2048, and the test now runs without
>> error.
>
> Thanks!  Maybe the test was a little too eager though -- perhaps it
> could be happy with creating 100 instead of 1000 files.

Hrm.  Aren't there OSes with a default limit of 63 open files per
process?  I'm pretty sure there are some with 127 (signed char).
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

Project Vote Smart: http://www.vote-smart.org/