[Python-Dev] Re: What to do about the Wiki?

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:29:48 +0200

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 07:56:49PM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> >A process running out of memory, AFAIK.

> In that case, wouldn't it be better to impose a memoryuse limit
> on the user which Apache uses for dealing with CGI
> scripts ? That wouldn't solve any specific Wiki related
> problem, but prevents the server from going offline because
> of memory problems.

There is a memory limit, and the problem is not that a single process
freezes the server. Instead, if a single process's memory limits is 1/4th of
the physical limit, 4 bloated wiki's freeze the server. If it's 1/10th, it's
10, and so on.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>