[Python-Dev] Re: Integrating timeoutsocket.py

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:38:52 -0400

>   Sure. I'll work on this patch. Should I log the bug into SF tracker
> as well? I agree that it would be nice to have some sort of overridden
> method at that point. The decision just has to be whether or not
> t.setDaemon (1) should be the default.  The warning is a good idea. I
> think the setDeamon default is what previous users expect.

I have to admit I'm pretty fuzzy on the details.  Running a server
interactively and hitting ^C doesn't seem like a very common use case
to me.  I'm not sure the setDaemon() is right in other situations --
if a server decides to exit gracefully, shouldn't it let a client
session run to completion?