[Python-Dev] A better index for Python manuals?

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:58:04 +1000

> Would it be possible to create a "better" index for Python manuals?
>
> For example, show the page-number/link in bold where an api-function
> is defined instead of only mentioned...
>
> There are several tools now which scan the HTML index to build
> lists of keywords, they can't get too many information from
> entries like this:
>
>     Py_Finalize(), [Link], [Link], [Link], [Link], [Link]

I also have a problem with a few entries - eg, PYTHONPATH - it gets lots of
index entries, but many point to consecutive paragraphs in the same
document.

But I fear this is off-topic - Fred, what is the process for building the
HTML index, and should we discuss this on the doc-sig?

Mark.