[Python-Dev] autoheader warning for WITH_UNIVERSAL_NEWLINES

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:39:16 +0200

On dinsdag, april 16, 2002, at 02:41 , Guido van Rossum wrote:
> autoheader is used to create the pyconfig.h.in file.  It's run by the
> Makefile when you say "make autoconf".  A common mistake when adding a
> new configure check or option is to add the desired symbol directly
> into pyconfig.h.in.  The correct solution is currently to use a 3-arg
> AC_DEFINE call as Martin showed; until last week, it was to add a few
> lines to acconfig.h (which no longer exists).

Bah, I am not happy with this. This makes it even more difficult
to create the correct pyconfig.h for MacPython. How is updating
pyconfig.h handled for Windows (and other non-autoconf
platforms)?

> Docs for autoconf and autoheader are in info form.  If you're still a
> vi(m) user :-), "info autoheader" at the shell command line will tell
> you more.

I'm a BBEdit user, of course, the power of emacs without the
finger cramps:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -