[Python-Dev] PEP 278 - finished?

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:58:26 -0300

> Minor suggestions:
>
> - when mixed newlines are found in a file, can the newlines attribute
>   be a list of those that are found, instead of "mixed"?
>
> - shouldn't open() mode "wU" also be illegal?

One more:

- Why isn't "rU+" allowed? It's understandable that "+" is not allowed
  for output, but I can't see a good reason why it shouldn't be allowed
  to open file for read/write, and read with universal support (maybe
  some implementation detail?). Allowing this would even easy the task,
  since when writting to the file the programmer could consider the
  newlines attribute, if he wants.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]